I wanted to do something a little different for this blog and tell you all 10 things you may not know about me! I’m adding some pictures in as well just for fun 🙂 So here it goes!
- I have 3 tattoos and I thought about each one for at least a year before I got them!
- My favorite bible verse is on my left wrist. Romans 12:12 – Be joyful in hope, patient in conflict and consistent in prayer. This was my first tattoo and I got it while I was attending Erskine College. A few of my best friends also got their first tattoos the same night with me!
- A manta ray on my left leg right above my ankle. I actually designed this myself and brought it in to the tattoo parlor the day after I graduated from college. They are my favorite animals so I had to get it and I based the design off of the manta ray tattoo in Moana.
- A sun on my right ankle. This is my sister tattoo. We all had an element – Earth, air, water and fire. I obviously had fire! Rachel had water and she designed her own tattoo of a water fairy on a water lily. Naomi had Earth and she had the map of the world tattooed on her ribs. Lauren had air and she got an arrow on her left arm.
I played volleyball from 6th grade all the way to my Junior year of college. When I played at Erskine College we won conference for the first time in school history.
- I haven’t always lived in South Carolina. In 1994 I was born in Orlando, Florida where my mom worked at SeaWorld (hence why I am a huge advocate for SeaWorld!!). We moved to Idaho and lived there for 7 years and then made our way back to the South! We’ve lived in South Carolina for 13 years now. I always say that I will make my way up to Idaho (or Oregon) at some point in my life. Below is one of our family vacations there!
When I was little, probably 4 years old, I was apparently in love with one of our family friends, Liesel. I followed her around everywhere whenever she came to visit! So once when she visited we all went to DisneyWorld and Liesel left the group to use the restroom. I somehow escaped from my mom and disappeared into the crowd. My parents were looking for me for hours and asking all of the workers if they had seen me. They eventually found me sitting with one of the DisneyWorld cast members eating a Mickey Mouse ice cream, which they were not happy about because I was basically rewarded for leaving my family!! Haha!
- The summer after my freshman year of high school I fell off of a golf cart and broke my collar bone. It broke my heart and I cried for weeks because I knew this would hurt my chances of making the Varsity volleyball team that fall.
- High School Musical came out when we lived in Idaho and I remember being absolutely in love with that movie. The posters were hanging in my room, the cd was constantly playing and the movie was recorded on a VHS to watch over and over. I knew the dance to the last song as well!!
- I was one of those kids that would cry every time my mom left town. She used to fly to Florida every summer to visit her mom until she passed away. We would take her to the airport and wait until her plane took off until we left. The whole ride home I would be silently crying while staring out the window so my sisters couldn’t see me. I knew they would make fun of me if they saw!
- One of my biggest goals in life is to travel the world. So far I’ve been to Puerto Rico, The Bahamas, Jamaica and Canada so far. Not as many places as I would like, but I am so thankful that I’ve been able to visit those places! You can see my top places I want to visit on my about me page!
Before I started playing volleyball I was a dancer. Like clogging and ballet. I was actually very good at clogging and probably would’ve continued with it if we stayed in Idaho!
- In 6th grade I was voted class clown. Usually I was really quiet, but I loved my teacher that year and felt comfortable around him so I guess I let my personality show more than usual! He had to keep moving me away from people because I was the kid who wouldn’t stop talking.
That’s it! This blog was actually super fun for me so please let me know if you liked it too!!
Want to learn more about me? Follow along on my instagram!
You can learn more about me here!